Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ex Ámenté:

Ex Ámenté:

An urbanized guerilla warfare tactic known for using any and or all forms of art, music and poetry to change the social and or economic conditions of oppressed peoples by introducing new thoughts and concepts into society.

The Effn Blog

This word and concept came to me in a dream last night.

I dreamed that I was riding in a car with a friend of mines late at night and was stopped by law enforcement at what appeared to be a checkpoint.

The Effn Blog

We were detained and interrogated and at 1st it seemed that the friend was the one they were harassing. The officers were searching through the contents of the car and asking all types of questions from where we were going to where we were coming from. Then to my surprise, while they were searching the car they started pulling out my promo material. It was SideStreet KED flyers and Stickers, Posters and T Shirts. After the officers conferenced about the promo items they began to direct their questions to me... "are you SideStreet KED? Does this belong to you?" etc... Quickly, I realized that my "friend" was one of them! I felt betrayed.

The Effn Blog

The "friend" starts telling the other officers that indeed I was SideStreet KED and that the items did belong to me so, they immediately began to search my person and place me in custody. Confused I asked what crime had I committed and what was so illegal about my promotional material? The officer replied that my promo was considered to be "Ex Ámenté". Ofcourse, never having heard that word before I asked what exactly was "Ex Ámenté" and they replied "Look it up!". One cop even went as far as to tell me that everything in this world is ran by them and it's just a waste of time for me to focus energy on anything that's considered to spiritual because "there is nothing after death" so I may as well just focus on making money instead of trying to "fight for the people".

The Effn Blog

As they walked me to the back of the car I saw a motorcycle cop ride by and signal to the other officers with his right hand. The gesture lead me to believe that he was telling them to make the arrest. Instead the officer loosened the cuffs and started giving me instructions...

He took my shirt from me, kicked off one of my shoes, told me that once he released me he wanted me to keep walking and not to look back. After a few steps he pushed me down in some bushes and ran around a building that was on the corner. By the time I reached the corner he showed back up dressed like a bum and began to spray me with a water hose as if to give me the appearance of being homeless... I then walked a few miles home. at that point I was awaken from the dream.

The Effn Blog

Immediately, I reached for my phone and put "Ex Ámenté" into dictionary.com looking for a definition. Ofcourse, there wasnt one.

After thinking it over, I decided to claim the word and give it a definition based on how the word was used in my dream.

Ex Ámenté:

An urbanized guerilla warfare tactic known for using any and or all forms of art, music and poetry to change the social and or economic conditions of oppressed peoples by introducing new thoughts and concepts into society.

The Effn Blog

The Effn.

No comments:

Post a Comment