Friday, August 17, 2012

Things That Money Can Not Buy...

Releasing new music sort of feels like dropping your only child off at school for the 1st time and shooting new videos sort of feels like preparing for a new baby to be born. It's a lot of hard work but worth every bit of it in the end.

The Effn Blog

As if it's not hard enough just to be the artist and star in your own music video, for this particular music video "Gnarly" I've opted to be both in front of and behind the camera by taking the liberty of shooting it myself with the help of long time friend and videographer Digital PitBoss.

The Effn Blog

After a few weeks of planning, casting and scouting locations with my team (Folami, Terria "Jo" Grant, Brenton Tignor Jr., Mia & Digital Pittboss) it was time to put in the work of filming. Thankfully, we ended up with a great cast. Everyone enjoyed themselves and handled shooting outside in the blazing sun like troopers.

The Effn Blog

Jo had the double duties of casting director and stylist while Folami had the duties of co- casting director, wardrobe, hair & make-up. Mia was Folami's personal assistant & Digital Pittboss was Director along with myself, camera operator and editor, while Brenton Tignor Jr. was primary assistant and assistant camera operator.

The Effn Blog

One thing I've learned in my experience with shooting music videos is that they are only as good as the team behind them and although I've yet to have the luxury of shooting a big budget video I've been blessed to have genuine people around me that are truly talented at what they do and believe in me as an artist. That in itself is a luxury that money cannot buy.

The Effn Blog

Featured Models:

The Effn Blog
Noyek

The Effn Blog
Star

The Effn Blog
Vanessa

The Effn Blog
Chrissy

The Effn Blog
Ari

The Effn Blog
Pearl Black Twins

The Effn Blog

I would like to personally thank my official sponsors and everyone involved for helping me to bring my vision to life...

The Effn Blog

Yadiyda Clothing, Nobella Creations, IS Studios, Lucky Exchange, Costumes Etc, Subway, Michael "Mike P" Patterson, Eclectic Advantage PR, Organized Noize, M.A.C. Make Up, Junkmans Daughter, Urban Outfitters, Hobi, Brian Smith, The Hydrilla, The City of Atlanta

The Effn Blog

The Effn.

No comments:

Post a Comment